The leaders of our technological, industrial, and financial sectors have failed to produce the prosperity that they swore they would bring to working Americans. Ever since the 70's our business leaders have stolen more and more of the wealth of working Americans, and rolled back protections that labor fought and bled for throughout the past 100 years. In order to adapt our future economy to climate change, and the physical and digital automation of our workspaces, we as a society are going to have to redefine what we think about labor and work.
- Support the creation of a national universal jobs guarantee.
- Demand an immediate increase in the Federal minimum wage to $20/hr and a reduction in what is considered full time employment to 1,560hrs per year or 30hrs per week
- Expansion of protections for contract employees.
- Creation of a national internship/apprenticeship program to ensure that workers are no longer forced to pay or work for free to train in a new career field, and to transition our work force into a new green economy that focuses on sustainability, democracy, and social care.
- Forgiveness of all student debt
- Learning and access to education should be considered a human right, and with the capabilities of modern telecommunications and information technology, there should be no American left wanting for access to education and information.
- Federal support for the creation of and expansion of unions, the repeal of the Taft-Hartley Act and an end to right to work states.
- Immediate demand that all government spending as part of public-private partnerships only be done with cooperatively and democratically owned businesses or businesses with a unionized workforce. Our government should not be promoting authoritarian institutions whether it is abroad or domestically.
- Creation of a government program to aid in the conversion of privately owned business to democratically owned institutions.